Sunday, August 4, 2013

DIY: Neon Plant Pots

I am a big fan of the neon-on-neutrals movement:

Images via: The Proper Pin Wheel,  Bird and Feather & Dellie
So when I ran into a pile of dismissed terracotta pots on my street, I took the chance to try and re-create some of these beauties above.


If you are re-using some of your own pots, or picking up free ones from the street like I did, make sure you give them a good scrub to kill the bacteria currently living in them (I used a bleach solution for this)...


I had some acrylic pale grey and canary yellow left over from a different project. Two coats of the pale grey alone looks rather classy:


Some strategically placed painter's tape...


And voilà! I am extremely pleased with the result.

There is a lovely woman and her father at Addison Road Markets in Marrickville who sell plants and herbs of all sorts, including a 6-pack of various succulents for $20!


I am very excited about my new succulent plants but have never actually looked after any before. If you have any tips for me, please share in the comments.


2 comments:

Asirap said...

Go neon!!! :)

Anthony Philipp said...

Very cool. I'm impressed with how well they turned out!